Make this Christmas one to remember
Why just have a roast this Christmas, when you can have a ‘Roast to Remember’? Show your support for the 400,000+ Australians living with dementia this Christmas by turning your table gathering into an opportunity to raise funds for this vital cause.
You’ll have fun, share delicious memories and most importantly, experience the joy of giving this festive season.
In 2018, an estimated 425,416 Australians will be living with dementia, the second leading cause of death in our country. In response to these alarming figures and a need to support and educate those living with and affected by dementia, leading not-for-profit community-based organisation, Community Vision, has developed A Roast to Remember.
This bold campaign encourages people to get friends and family together for A Roast to Remember this year to help fundraise for a much-needed community dementia bus that will offer West Australians respite, education and peace of mind.
The dementia bus will focus on the wider community who don’t have immediate access to local services to trial some of the new innovations such as Virtual Reality and therapy techniques for methods of dealing with a loved one with dementia.
As well as giving a respite break to carers, those staffing the bus will be able to provide useful advice to carers and provide education to schools, to workers and those living with dementia across regional and metro locations in Perth.
Community Vision is inviting the whole community to participate in A Roast to Remember.
HOW YOU CAN DONATE:
- Host your own roast meal and collect donations from your guests. Register as a host here.
- Enjoy a roast meal at participating OZeating restaurants. Keep an eye out as more restaurants are continuing to join this great cause!
- Purchase a WAfoodies membership and $5 will go to A Roast to Remember, and you will save hundreds a year on dining out.
- Go into your nearest participating Commonwealth Bank and make your donation – see website for participating branches.
- Simply donate directly to Community Vision’s A Roast to Remember – click here
Please note, donation value above includes donations in kind.
It’s time for all of us to host
“A Roast to Remember” this Spring.
Follow us on:
Proudly sponsored by